The Sanguine Writing House Limited trading as tswh ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting [https://tswh.co.uk] (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Sanguine Writing House Limited of 71 Towers Way, Corfe Mullen, Wimbourne, BH21 3UA. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Philip Buchanan.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, search for products or services, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, or other activities commonly carried out on the site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include but not be limited to your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products and/or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide or any other websites we operate. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information you post on the request forms to be processed by our vendors.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. we will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (and any third parties, in relation to the tswh Service) and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those to which you have already subscribed or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (by e-mail or through the tswh portal/ messaging system) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry by you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this, again by e-mail or through the tswh portal/messaging system If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you, we will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Users of the tswh service, business partners, suppliers and sub- contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Sanguine Writing House Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms or agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Sanguine Writing House Limited, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliated websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.