Test Your Knowledge
Famous TV Detectives:
We all have our favourites and enjoy watching these type of shows for different reasons. The swashbuckling, fast moving and extravagant like "Starsky and Hutch", to the slow logic puzzles keeping us guessing for as long as possible like "Sherlock Holmes" and "Jessica Fletcher".
Why not scroll down and see if you can match the TV detectives to their famous words? Like most murder mysteries, there's clues ...And if you are really clever like most wee lassies profess to be, you can guess the random signature tunes at the same time. I am told it is called "multi-tasking". The themes will start playing in 20 seconds. There are 29 tunes to try and guess. Answers to both quizzes revealed at foot of this page.
Important : our plays are the most technically advanced of their kind and hence all participants must be aware that small tablets and smartphones are not capable of giving correct user interaction.
"Your brains will be on the pavement unless you help us"
"We've got him bang to rights"
"I believe there is a female assassin operating internationally and she's targeted a number of influential people."
I hope you enjoyed listening to the themes. In case you didn't know any of the answers they are listed below.
DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THE MUSICAL QUIZ.
There were 29 musical clips of both past and current TV detective shows. Here are the answers:
1. Taggart 2. Murder She Wrote 3. Killing Eve 4. Z Cars 5. Cagney and Lacey 6. Starsky and Hutch 7. Dixon of Dock Green
8. Kojak 9. Diagnosis Murder 10. Miss Marple 11. Endeavour 12. Elementary 13. Rosemary and Thyme 14. Midsomer Murders
15. Magnum P.I. 16. Columbo 17. Morse 18. Touch of Frost 19. The Pink Panther 20. True Detective 21. Police Squad 22. Luther
23. Life on Mars 24. The Sweeney 25. Poirot 26. Sherlock 27. CSI Miami 28. Law and Order 29. N.C.I.S.
Now for the answers to the "Quotes"
- "Oh, let me be silly a little. You don't know how unhappy I have been. And now I know that there has been no deep sin in this business at all. Only a little lunacy, perhaps—and who minds that?" - Father Brown
- "Your brains will be on the pavement unless you help us" - Chief Inspector Jim Taggart
- "We've got him bang to rights" - Inspector William Frost
- "I believe there is a female assassin operating internationally and she's targeted a number of influential people." - Eve Polastri
- "Evenin' all" - George Dixon
"Ah come on, use your eyes!" - Vera Stanhope
- "Anything happens to this motor, I'll come 'round your houses and stamp on all your toys. Got it? Good kids!" - Gene Hunt